Residence permit

You need to have a residence permit if you are a citizen of a non-EU/EEA country or Switzerland and you would like to stay in the Netherlands for a period of more than three months.

A residence permit will generally be issued for a period of one year. Depending on the purpose of your stay, the validity may be for a longer or shorter period of time.

Within five days of your arrival in the Netherlands your host institution has to apply for a residence permit on your behalf. Please check with your host institution to make sure this is arranged for you.

last modified Jul 08, 2013 02:03 PM